Thursday, May 31, 2012

A couple announcements

Today is the last day to purchase the Dotty for You paper packet.  I can't tell you how much fun I have been having with this paper packet, you just have to experience it yourself!  I've posted numerous projects using this paper packet since mid-March.  Check them out to see how versatile this paper packet is.

Today is also the last day to purchase Friendship Bouquet, May's stamp of the Month.  I did not know I like this stamp set so much until I tried various things with it.  Today I'd like to show you my very first attempt of emboss resist using this stamp set:


What is emboss resist?
I first stamped the images using Versamark ink pad, then sprinkled the Clear Embossing Powder generously on the images and heat set the powder.  After it has solidified and cooled down, I used sponge daubers to absorb ink from ink pads, and rubbed across the images.  The raised image resist the ink and that's why it is called emboss resist.

My first attempt did not turn out too bad, partly because of the elegance of the stamp set, I think.  Neverthess, I've learned a new technique and I know I'll put it in practice in near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment