Monday, June 25, 2012

Enjoy Life

When I saw the sketch from Card Positioning Systems this morning I knew I was going to use the Footloose paper.  I could feel the breeze and the sand when I saw this sketch:


So I used the Footloose workshop on the go to complete my card:


It took me a little practice to "color" the turtoise on his body.  I first stamped it with Creme Brulee, a light color, then used a sponge dauber to absorb ink from Olive stamp pad and New England Ivy stamp pad and dab on his shell and limbs.  The gradation of colors makes him look like he has a shining shell!

Apart from the turtoise, this card came together quickly and easily.  Exactly what I need on a Monday!  Then I scrolled down to see other sketches on Card Positioning System's blog and I found another sketch that is perfect for Footloose paper.  Stay tuned for my post tomorrow!

Materials used:
1.  Footloose Workshop on the Go
2.  Kick Back stamp set
3.  Creme Brulee Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
4.  Olive Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
5.  New England Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
6.  White Ricrac ribbon (retired)

2 comments:

  1. Cute design!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-26.html

    ReplyDelete