Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little birdie told me....

Just can't resist to try a technique with the little birdie.  I've used a sketch from ISpy Sketches to finish the card:


The card I made looks like this:


What did I do with the birdie?

I stamped the birdie in black archival ink, then picked a couple of colors (Creme Brulee, Honey, Sorbet, Chocolate here), squeezed the stamp pad tightly so that the ink from the pad would be transferred to the lid.  Now the lid becomes my palette where I used the waterbrush to dip to the ink on the lid and colored the birdie. 

I did the same with the little flowers on the branch using Tulip.

Materials used:
1.  Stella paper packet
2.  Life is Tweet stamp set (SOTM)
3.  Archival Black Exclusive Inks
4.  Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge
5.  Chocolate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
6.  Honey Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
7.  Creme Brulee Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
8.  Sorbet Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
9.  Olive Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
10.  Color-ready Seam binding ribbon
11.  Cremem Brulee reinker
12.  Waxy Flax - Colonial White
13.  Buttons - Red Assortment

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour combo with your sweet bird! I'm a big fan of bright, fun colours :D Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches :D

    ReplyDelete