Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gratitude

I need to make a clean and simple card for a card swap.  The theme of the swap is fall, so I've set my mind on using the Flirty paper.  However I wasn't sure how to use my products when it has two colors that are exclusive to the paper but not available in the Close to My Heart palette.

I was a little worried but after some experiments, I figured an easy way to cope with that:  second generation stamping using the back side of the stamp with Autumn Terrocota!

The sketch for my card came from Retro Sketches:


It was totally a stretch of the sketch, I am hoping the petals of the flower constitute the circles:


Something interesting about this stamp set is that the solid stamps are treated so that it does not take as much ink as other stamps.  I saw that there are tiny grooves that reduce the area that could take up ink.  Had I chosen to stamp using that face, the color is even paler than my second generation stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment