Monday, August 20, 2012

Merry & Bright

Oops.  It's two weeks in a row that I am almost late for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  That's probably what we mean by crazy Mondays, right?

The sketch provided by Freshly Made Sketches looks like this:


I've flipped the sketch 90 degrees anti-clockwise for this Christmas card:


This card uses both new and old supplies.  The patterned paper is the new Pear and Partridge packet, and the wreath comes from the Merry & Bright stamp set.  You see the circles in the background?  I love creating my own background paper.  The stamp also comes from the Merry & Bright stamp set.  The ribbon is part of the old B&T paper.  What about the stamp Merry & Bright?  Interestingly even though the Merry & Bright stamp set has a sentiment that says "Merry and Bright" I am actually using one that comes from a retired stamp set called Christmas Melodies.  I just masked off its brackets and stars to show this partial image. The wreath was also stamped with masking.  Who doesn't like the red bow?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty CAS Christmas card. I like the background paper that you created - it's so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love that wreath! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a classy Christmas card. I love your use of designer paper! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch.

    ReplyDelete