Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Alright.  I'll confess that I am always in a rush when it comes to my blogposts.  I had posted my card just hours before collection closed yesterday and today is a repetition of yesterday. 

I wanted to play along with OLW 101 Feeling Blue because just by reading the title I felt the challenge already.  It has to be a one layer card and this time the main color must be blue. 

Tough.

When I feel the need of inspiration I go through my stash.  Then I came up with the idea of having a blue background with some snowflakes. 

I first masked the cardstock with post-it notes to create the border, then stamped the snowflakes with Versamark ink, followed by clear powder heat set.  I don't have Sky reinker, so I've used Pacifica, a tone that is much heavier.  Trust me, I've only use drops of Pacifica reinker, but I still need to dilute it for about 10 times to get the light blue I want.  To make it shimmery I've added a scoop of  Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint in the reinker-water mixture.  Just a couple of sprays, it is done!



It is indeed fun to make this card.  I just wish I didn't need to do the masking then I would create a big piece of patterned paper with the snowflakes and cut it for use.  Oh well, that's why it is a challenge.  So glad that I've accomplished it!

No comments:

Post a Comment