Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Holidays

Today I'm sharing a card that I've combined the requirements from various challenges, which itself is a challenge for myself!

The sketch is adopted from The Paper Players:


Then I've incorporated stitching and distress as required by Black Tie Friday:


Finally I've got a circle and three brads to participate the recipe challenge at Catch the Bug Challenge blog.

So my card looks like this:


I'm sure you can see the sketch is adopted from The Paper Players.  The distress was done around the circle where the birds live.  The vertical banner was added some interest with a border of hand-stitching.  I wish I had a sewing machine.  The stitches took me quite a while.  You see a circle inside the scallop and three brads in the red panel.

Really fun to incorporate all the elements in these three challenges! 

Materials used:

1.  Workshop on the Go - Pear and Partridge Cardmaking Kit
2.  Desert Sand cardstock
3.  Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment
4.  Desert Sand Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
5.  Cocoa Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
6.  VersaMark ink pad
7.  Gold embossing powder
8.  Brad Assortment - Red Assortment
9.  Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge
10.  2" Scallop Circle Punch

12 comments:

  1. wow, you took it on!! Love the birds, and the colors used! Thanks for playing with us at Black Tie Friday's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous holiday card!! Great colours! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card...your embossing and stitching are so nice! Thanks for sharing this at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Joyce - how cool! I love that you took 3 challenges and made them into such a great card. Thanks for playing at Black Tie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant card. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your color scheme and the birds are adorable, thank you for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your project! Thanks so much for joining our Recipe challenge over at CTB! I hope you will join us again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great holiday card! Nice stitched "ribbon". Thanks for sharing with us this week at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great holiday card! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week for the Catch The Bug Recipe Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps. I hope you enjoyed it enough to join us again for our next challenge.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Recipe Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again today for our NEW challenge.
    Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the colours! Thanks for joining us in our Recipe Challenge at Bugaboo Stamps! Hope to see you again for our current challenge!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete