Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Summer??

One question mark is not enough.  I need two.

While I am in the mood of making Fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas cards, I find out that Color Dare challenge is back! 

The colors for this week's challenge are Lagoon, Pear and Creme Brulee.

I've made this summer card using the Footloose paper:


I had the most fun stamping the fish - I first stamped them in Creme Brulee, then slightly swipe their fins against the Pear ink pad.  Their fin color is different from their body color!  For the turtle, I have used a different technique.  I first stamped it in Creme Brulee, then used a sponge to ink some Lagoon and dab on his limbs.  The Lagoon color on his limbs is not as solid as the Creme Brulee on his body. 

The sketch comes from Make It From Your Heart - a publication from Close to My Heart.  It has 18 scrapbook layouts and 12 card patterns to jump start your creative juices. 

Oops.  Not until just now I realize that there is New England Ivy in the B&T paper.  I hope I could still enter the challenge, or at least share it with others through Color Dare challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Cute Summer card, Joyce. I love your stamping techniques. Next week I'll have a nice Fall project for you.:) Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    PS Don't worry about the New England Ivy (I'll say it's a darker version of Pear). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Joyce, on being the winner of the color dare! I would love for you to be guest designer for next week. If you are willing to do it, email me at sarahstone@marykay.com, and I will get the colors to you! Thanks.

    Saah

    ReplyDelete