Wednesday, October 3, 2012

More Christmas

Let's continue our journey to Christmas with a Christmas card today!

I'm using my old friend, Stella paper packet to make this card.  Stella was first introduced in the Spring/Summer 2012 idea book and is carried over to the current idea book.  I love the vivid, bright and bold colors of it and it is a truly versatile paper packet.  You think the colors are girly?  I think they can be Christmas-y.  You'll see what I mean when you scroll down to see my card.

Before I show you the card, let me tell you my inspiration source:  a sketch by Retro Sketches:


And here's my Christmas card made of Stella paper packet:



Want to know my secret to stamp the greeting solid enough on a patterned paper?  It is double stamping.  Like its name suggests, double stamping is simply stamping twice on exactly the image was first stamped.  It is a useful technique when it comes to stamping on patterned paper, or when you want to make something pop out more than the rest. 

If you are using traditional rubber stamp, you'll likely need to use a stamp positioning tool to help you double stamp.  Thanks to the clear stamps I have from Close to My Heart, I could see through the stamps and stamp it on exactly where I want - zero guess work!

This card is also entering the challenge at Created with Love, asking us to make something Christmas-y!

Try it out on your artwork and you'll like this technique!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love you card,it's very striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card!! Good job following sketch. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
    Lisa O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is great love the cas of it. Great sketch too. Thanks for playing along with us at Created with love Challenges.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card Joyce! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! You sure know about all of the challenges! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete