Thursday, October 4, 2012

Some serious play time

What I meant was that I purposefully carved out some time as play time and just played with the craft products I have, and I purposefully wanted to mix and match different things, without much consideration of what the outcome will be.

I based my card on the sketch by The Sweetest Thing:


My card uses the patterned paper from the Avonlea paper packet and the Dakota paper packket.  I've also used the old shades of Gray cardstock - Gray Wool and Gray Flannel.  The Gray Wool strip was stamped with the background stamp using tone on tone, while the Olive strip was stamped with the florish also with tone on tone technique, except that I also employed second generation stamping.  The three circles are cut with Art Philosophy cartridge, stamped with Slate in its second generation (yet another shade of gray) then the decorative layer in Smokey Plum.



Quite a challenge for me in a sense that I've incorporated many colors, though within the same family, and that I've mixed the patterned papers from two packets.  It is the fun about play along the challenges, isn't it?

Have fun crafting!

1 comment: