Monday, October 8, 2012

Who is afraid?

I have three mummies on my card.  Spooky?


The card is based on Try Stampin' On Tuesday's sketch but rotated:


I've tried two new things in this card and am quite happy with the results.  The word BOO is stamped using a technique called "swipe and stamp".  Basically, after inking up the letters, I gave it a quite swipe across the ink pad, so some of the ink on the letter is "swiped" away.  The tone is lighter and it gives the image some movement.

The other thing I have tried is using the blending pen.  I dipped the nip of the blending pen in the ink pad that acts as my palette and transferred the ink to the mummy.  Comparing to the waterbrush, I think it gives more intense color and higher precision.

I'm also entering this card for the following challenges:
1.  Catered Crop - create a Halloween project
2.  52 Card Pick Up
3.  Scrapper's Delight Challenge - Halloween

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Cool Halloween card! Love how you used our sketch! Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the three mummys in a row!!! Your swipe turned out really well too!!

    ReplyDelete