Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

I have been checking out the challenges at Runway Inspired Challenge for a couple weeks but just never got a chance to play along.  I'm finally going to make it this time!  The picture shows a model in a yellow outfit, super cute!  I was inspired by the color and made a Mother's Day card:


The sketch is one provided by Cardabilities:


Finally this card is also entering the challenge at Papercraft Star - use a stamp.

The paper I used came from My Mind's Eye (In Bloom) and I've used pretty much all the ones with a yellow monochromatic background, just I intended!  The label, hearts and flourishes were cut by Cricut Art Philosophy and Artiste cartridges.  In fact, the label and two of the hearts were staggered with multiple layers of the same die cut - just a bit of dimension but mail-friendly! 1.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely! All the warm yellows and a pop of grey....wonderful. Your card makes me smile; your yellows are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joyce! So glad that you join our challenge! Love your choice of yellow and grey! The fancy diecut and layering are lovely interpretations for the runway photo! Hope to see more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce, this is such a pretty card and I love the yellows that you used for it and the tag is just perfect. Thanks for sharing on Cardabilites this week. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice monogramatic card!

    Thanks for playing along with cardabilities!

    vera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce, your card is perfect for Mother's Day. Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors, great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete