Thursday, May 16, 2013

An attempt to achieve ombre effect

It's time for a Runway Inspired Challenge!

You can find the original inspiration piece here.

It may sound extremely weird to you, but I was drawn by the bright yellow worn by the model going to backstage and the burgandy stockings worn by the front model.  So then I thought, red and yellow, let's try my Tim Holtz Distress Paints!

It is my first time using the distress paints and I'm sure it will not be the last time.  Fun fun fun!  The three colors that I used were Picked Rasberry, Musteed Seed and Spiced Marmalade.  After spreading the paints on the craft sheet, I sprayed some water on it and gently swiped a white piece of paper across the surface.  Cool.  Like my homemade background paper.

I added some embossing to the background, die cut a sentiment in white and put the pieces together.  Voila!  A fun card is made.  I have a feeling that if I use some dark colors and another font for the sentiment, it will be a great masculine card, don't you think?


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. The effect is soooooo cool, Joyce! I think the card can be a cool one for both male and female just as it is! Love the vibrate colors and the cool pattern you created with the technique! Thank you so much for joining us the Runway Inspired Challenge! I love how you drew inspiration from the photo! This is a great take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect distressing :) I love how you explained your thoughts behind the card! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete