Sunday, May 19, 2013

Flowers

Are flowers blooming in your neighborhood?  How do you like walking in nature and smelling their aroma?

I have seen quite a lot of flower blooms in my neighborhood and on my craft desk!  Who doesn't like flowers?  Flowers can be considered my go-to item for a girly card.

I've made a card with five flowers to share with you:

Perhaps the photo is not doing its justice here.  It is very difficult to see the Sweet Leaf (light green) scallops beneath the pink panel.  But trust me, a tiny scallop edge does exist!

The flowers are really easy to make with the magic done by Cricut Art Philosophy.  I really like this stamp set from the retired Lucy Workshop on the Go as base and shade stamping is one of my faves.  I first cut out the flowers using Art Philosophy, then stamped the shade in Blush, followed by the outline in Whisper, and finally the center in Buttercup.

The card is based on a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


The card is also entering the challenge at
1.  Bitten by the Bug 2 - April Showers Bring May Flowers (Flower Challenge)
2.  Heart 2 Heart challenges - Let's See Those May Flowers
3.  Tuesday Throwdown - Smell the Roses
4.  May Anything Goes with a Twist Challenge (with Flowers)

So much for my flowers today.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the flower bloom!

 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Very happy card. Love the colors and the papers. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! I just love those bright colours you've used as well as the background DSP - just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheery card filled with pretty flowers just in time for summer! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Love the colors and pretty flowers! Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a card that screams spring time, as well as "girly". Love the color combo, too. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete