Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Holidays

A quick post today as I have to leave in about 10 minutes!

Even though the post will be done fast I must say that when I saw the sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge I have been having about five million thoughts about the kind of card I wanted to make.  My first thought was a Thanksgiving card, then a Birthday card, but after I realized that my Thanksgiving paper has gone to my scrapbook project I had to switch it to a different one.  Note to myself - try not to have too many ongoing projects at the same time, it muddles up thoughts and preparation of materials!

I eventually finished the card this morning.  It is a Christmas card:


I like that it is simple and can be mass produced for the Christmas season!  The sketch looks like this:


My card also enters the following challenges:
1.  Just Add Ink - Snowflakes
2. Creative Corner - Anything Goes
3.  Creative Finger - Anything Goes
4.  Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
5.  Fun Day Friday - Anything Goes and
6.  Sister Act card challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Nicely done-simple and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, I love the simplicity. I think it says it all. Great card, and great take on the sketch!!Thanks for joining us at AHSC !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! I've been seeing a lot of that snowflake die lately and think I need to get it!
    thanks for joining us at creative corner challenges this week. Hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I need to start planning out my Christmas cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, thanks for the inspiration, I will be playing with the Frosted papers today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card Love it, and thanks for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, nice and simple always works. Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thanks for playing at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is beautiful!! I love the simplicity of this card! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful. I love it! So glad you joined us at AHSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful.I love the CAS look of your card. Thank you for playing along with us at AHSC.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the snowflakes and the perfect simple theme to this! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card turned out great! I think anyone would love to receive it for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple and pretty Joyce. The panels look really great behind the pretty snowflakes! Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the split panels with the white snowflake dsp. Really makes your pretty blue snowflakes pop. Thanks for joining in the JAI challenge this week. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those very striking snowflakes Joyce - and your design really lets them star. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the idea of an elegant card that is easy to make in multiple numbers! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a simple and elegant card Joyce - thanks for joining us over at Creative Fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super CAS card . Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers with our Anything goes challenge hugs Tania xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful take on the sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete