Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Inspiration

I like to seek ideas and inspiration from everywhere, but I must admit, new products give me a lot of inspiration and that means my wallet should find its own inspiration to fill up itself.  LOL.

I got the new ZIG glitter pen and wanted to try it out badly.  Its appearance reminds me of a mascara (no kidding!) and it works like a waterbrush, except that its contents were filled with fine glitter glue instead of water.  

I got the clear glitter and I'm going to tell you my first impression about it.  How about taking a look at the card that made use of it?


My poor camera and photography skill cannot capture the glitter well, but if you see streaks on the trees and the house, they  are places that the glitter was applied.  Interestingly when I tip the card towards the light no streaks are shown and in fact I see an evenly spread layer of glitter, but somehow if you look at it from bird's view the streaks can be quite obvious. 

I love to rub against glitter.  No, it's not my hobby but I hate the recipient of my card complaining about the glitter falling off or their kids accidentally have glitter all over their faces and hands.  After letting it dry overnight, I rubbed the surface. Some glitter did land on my fingers, but mind you, I was rubbing very hard on it. 

The glitter pen is easy to use, the tip is so fine that you don't even need a steady hand.  Look, I didn't have any problem to put it on the tips of the trees.  Like its packaging suggests, it's good for letters and even writings.  I am pretty satisfied with it but I'll use it a couple more times before I give my verdict. 

My card is based on the sketch from Lunchtime Monday Sketch Challenge:

and it is entering the challenge at
Craftin' Boutique Challenges - Christmas challenge
Weekly Christmas Card Challenge - Evergreen Trees and
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Glitter.

Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful scene, and I love the background paper you chose. TYFS with us and having fun with us at Christmas Card Challenge #37. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Joyce. So stunning and lovely. Thank you for joining us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, that glitter pen certainly added a lot of interest to this image. Beautifully done, thanks so much for playing along for this two week sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Christmas Card, love all the glitter. Perfect for our challenge at Holly Jolly this week. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Joyce, maybe I am missing something, but can you explain how you created this card? the layer behind the tree? how did you cut out that curve? was it a stencil piece from that shop we saw at the Expo?

    ReplyDelete