Monday, August 5, 2013

Thinking of You

I am always low on masculine cards.  Another kind that always runs low is sympathy cards.  I find sympathy cards more difficult to make, especially when I'm making it to meet an immediate need.  It is much easier to prepare some ahead of time.

When I saw this sketch from CAS(e) this sketch, I was inspired to make a sympathy card:


I usually tend to stay away from bright colors but I'd like to try them this time:


I thought the simplicity of the card and the gray background could neutralize the bright colors so it is not inappropriate.  How did I get to this color combo?  From other challenges like Pals Paper Arts:


and Dynamic Duos:



I have used Blush and Buttercup from the Close to My Heart palette to replace the pink and yellow.  This card adds to my sympathy card stash and I'm hoping to make more.  Do you also find it difficult to make sympathy cards?  How do you overcome that challenge?

Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. LOL. We both combined the same challenges...love the beautiful flower on your card...simple but stunning all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the gray background for those flowers. Nice simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The Smoky Slate sets off the flowers beautifully! Great use of the colors in the Pals Paper Arts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. It caught my eye in the CAS(E) this Sketch gallery. And, it is making me laugh, because that die was the first thing I thought of when I saw that challenge, and my name is Joyce, and how funny would that have been to have both of us named Joyce with a very similar card--I am going to think of something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw your card, love the colours and the layout. It looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and elegant! What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete