Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ah Autumn

I bought the stamp set Always Grateful a while back but it is the first time I'm using it today.  I love the different tree images - the nature is such a beauty that no one can resist.   As the temperature is getting lower and each day is getting gustier, I think I should catch up with my fall/Thanksgiving cards!

So it gives me a perfect reason to think what I want to do with this set.  Sometimes I bought tools with many ideas to play them but when it comes to actually trying to use it, the ideas all disappear.  Has that happened to you? 

I decided to focus on just one of the trees and played with generation stamping.  I used New England Ivy and Olive, two shades of green to create this:


There are altogether 5 trees, or some of them partial trees stamped.  The trees do make a contrast with the bright pumpkin-colored background.  I also like that the leaves in the patterned paper contrasts with the bare branches.  For the words I went to my friend copper embossing powder and it sits nicely against the New England Ivy cardstock.  Did you see the tone-on-tone stamping on the New England Ivy panel?  This is one of my all time favorites.  I think it was a bit boring to have a solid panel against the busy background above it, so I stamped a less busy background pattern on it with the same color.  It balances nicely with the patterned paper.

This card is entering the following challenges, they are all related to Fall, nature or a scene:
Heart 2 Heart challenge - Au Naturale
Amusing challenge - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamp challenge - Create a scene
Dream Valley - Autumn
Come and get it Challenge - Fall colors
Fashionables stamping challenge - Autumn colors
Get Inky Challenge - Fall colors
Addicted to CAS - Autumn/Fall



Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

11 comments:

  1. Great use of the stamp set, it is one of my favorites, too! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card and the generational stamping! Thanks for linking up to H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute autumn card. Thanks for playinfg with us at Dream Valley challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, the scene looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce. I often buy stamps with ideas in mind and then forget when they arrive! You have beautiful contrasts with leaves and trees and colours. A gorgeous scene.
    Thankyou for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card Joyce. Love the stamp and the autumn colours you have used. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Come and Get It this week. We hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The generation stamping is amazing Joyce. Such an elegant looking card, very crisp and clean.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tree images are one of my favorites! A beautiful card indeed! Thanks for sharing with us at FSC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Get Inky!

    Tonya DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Tree.. Fab and Beautiful green colors on the trees.!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! :o) Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete