Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fun with coloring

I continue to catch up with Christmas cards and I finally broke open the stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn to make this cute little card:


Don't you just love the birdies?  As a coloring novice these images are perfect for me to practice - they have just enough real estate for me to color but not too big an area so even if I mess up it is not noticeable.  :P  To tell you the truth one of the birdies was messed up.  Can you tell which one?

I colored them with distress markers, one of my current favorite go-to coloring medium.  I had my big set for perhaps a year and a half but I didn't really start using it until a month ago.  I tried to use them, I really did but the results were an epic failure and I hated to continue wasting paper.  After watching a couple of tutorials online had I slowly learned some basics of coloring.

The sketch of this card came from Sketchbook Saturday Challenge.  I always love Iwona's sketches and love to be inspired by her cards.  She has presented two totally different cards based on this sketch - one is feminine with shabby chic details, the other has bright colors with an encouraging sentiment.  Go to her blog and check them out.


My card is entering the following challenges:
Crafting with Dragonflies - Card with nature/tree/leaves
Fab n Funky challenges - Distress
Lady Anne's Challenges - Anything Goes
Timeless Tuesday - Fussy Cutting Fun
Craft-Room Challenge - Our Feathered Friends
Merry Monday - Use music or carol inspired theme


Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Those birds are just too cute - thanks for sharing with Fab n Funky

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card Joyce, I brough these adorable little guys just yesterday. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stamps are great love them. Great card makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce. Those birdies are so sweet! Great coloring! Love the mix of designer papers for your banners ... and the stitching detail is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cheerful and fun Christmas Card. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card and I can't tell which birdie was messed up, so you did a good job! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies for our current challenge nature/trees/leaves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable birdies, and I love the cute sentiment. Thank you for joining in at Crafting with Dragonflies.
    Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, Joyce! Thanks for using my sketch and the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love those little birds! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are the cutest christmas birds! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh SO cute! Love the dp combo! Thank for playing with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super Christmas card, thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete