Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi everyone!  Just a quick post to share a Valentine's Day card.  I am very happy with the results of applying Distress Pint on wood veneer embellishments:


During Christmas sale I got quite a bit of wood veneer embellishments but I have not really used them until recently.  I love how Distress Paint gives full color coverage!

My card is based on the sketch from Mojo Monday:


The sketch looks complicated and I was intimidated when I first saw it.  I'm glad that I tried it out and made a V-day card.  :)  I've also played with the Wink of Stella Clear brush - I added the shimmer to the word "LOVED" and 2 (heart) 14.  The heart was added glossy accent after the shimmer has dried.  It is quite a bit of dimension.  Love it.

My card is linking up to the following challenges:
Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes/Hearts
Crafty Your Passion - Love is in the Air
Lexi's Creations - Valentine's Day
The Paper Nest Doll - Anything Goes
Cheerful Stamppad - Love/Valentine
Pals Paper Arts - color challenge



Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Woderful, love those patterns and layout. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute and romantic! i love how you interpreted the sketch!

    ugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wood veneer embellishment colored with the Distress inks, they look awesome. Great DSPs too that all combined for a super card. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would adore to receive this for Valentines! Great job! Thanks for playing with the Pals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyce - this is a great take on the sketch and I really love the card! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design. Love paper and hearts. Thank you for joining our Anything goes Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina DT PND

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 79: love/Valentine, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super "bingo" card, love your take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us st The Cheerful Stamp Pad for the Love/Valentine challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!Thank you so much for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad!
    xoxo
    Karla B

    ReplyDelete