Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mother's Day

Sorry for the extended absence here.  I have been having major difficulty in making a sympathy card for a co-worker and am still working on it.

I am tired of the shades of gray, brown and dark colors and need some color therapy.  I used the Avery Elle set to prepare this Mother's Day card:


I have always loved making my own background by random stamping.  It's just so fun!  The original sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge looks like this:

I got my much needed color therapy.  Back to working on the Sympathy card.

Thanks for stopping by!

CRAFT challenge - Mother's Day/Feminine
Just Inspirational - flowers
Papertake - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creation - Mother's Day

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful and colorful...........makes me think that spring might come any day !! Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I agree!! the colours are beautiful, bright and cheerful!! :) thanks for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the different colors. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours on your card, they are so bright and cheery and I am buried under snow here in Canada so it is a welcome change and so cute. Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Joyce! I love how you did the background such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. like the colours you used here. Just found them, and glad to see them used. Thanks for joining us here at AHSC again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I thought you had used paper at first- your stamping technique is wonderful! Thanks for playing with AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully bright and cherry card! I hope it gave you the break that you were needing. Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and I hope you join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce sorry to hear your having to make a sympathy card, they are not easy to make are they.

    Your card is beautiful, thanks for sharing at Lexis.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bright and cheerful card Joyce, love the colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Lexis, Susan x

    ReplyDelete