Sunday, May 18, 2014

Watercolor stamping

I have to make a Sympathy card for my co-worker.  Sympathy cards are always difficult.  I tend to stick with something related to nature, darker colors and sometimes even monochromatic.  This card has many shades of green: 


I used the sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:


When I first saw this sketch I had no clue what I could do but after digging through my stash and found this fern stamp and using the "watercolor stamping" technique with distress inks (Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss), this card was put together without too much pain (This is my second try and it's acceptable, right?)

I'm linking my card to the following:
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
Crafting at the weekend - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. This watercolour stamping is absolutely stunning- I can't believe it is only your second try as it looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along with AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Joyce, they are difficult ones but this is perfect.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is always difficult to make a sypmapthy card, but you nailed it. It fits the sketch, and it is beautiful, yet simple. Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nice. Follows the sketch perfectly and looks so elegant to me. AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, I love what you did with this sketch, it is so original. Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and elegant - always the right combination for a sympathy card. Sorry you had to make one, but you did a great job. Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very lovely card. You nailed keeping it simple for the occasion, which I find is always so hard to do. Thanks for playing along with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the simple beauty of this card - the placement of the leaves is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch - sympathy cards are tricky, but this simple design works well. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers this week - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simple but very effective design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete