Thursday, July 31, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - July

The expert of procrastination is playing along 12 tags of 2014 on the last day of July.  It is totally an experiment for me as I didn't have all the materials suggested.  Having said that, this has pushed me think really hard what can be used as substitutes and I must say this is one way of enhancing creativity.

My tag is rather simple:


What are the experiments involved in it?

The snow and the mirror sheet.  I admit that I have not practiced each of the techniques well enough to remember the requisite materials for each technique.  I also admit that even though I am always excited to see a new tag on the first of every month on Tim Holtz's blog, I do not always remember to order everything needed to play along the challenge.

This time, the biggest trouble is that I can't find my UTEE.  So I tried a different recipe to make the faux snow.  My recipe is glass glitter, dry distress stickles, pumice stone distress glitter, clear rock candy distress glitter, poly sparkle embossing powder and a tremendous amount of glossy accent.  I reviewed day 6 of Tim Holtz's 12 days of Christmas in 2008 and he said that the mixture did not look like it's sticky but it would stick to anything.  He even warned us to wear gloves.  Well, I guess I wasn't confident that the mixture was sticky enough so I added more and more glossy accent, so much so that it appeared to be semi-liquid.  It looks like it is melting snow to me.  Hahaha~

The second problem encountered while making this tag was that I didn't have any shrink plastic and I couldn't find any plastic packaging either.  Let's try the mirror sheet, I thought.  I haven't tried using it with embossing folder and I must say that the effect is pretty cool.  It still has the mirror characteristics but the image is somehow distorted.

Because of time crunch, I didn't get to embellish it further.  Before I attach it to a Christmas present, I'll probably add some tinsel through the tag, and some snowflakes to the background. :)

I'm linking up my tag to:
The Sisterhood of crafters - die cuts and/or punches
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
12 tags of 2014 - July

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun tag! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tag! I love the snow. I'm a fan of reindeer, too, so this is right up my alley. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments this week and hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, I love embossing mirriboard and yours looks fab here, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tag despite all the hoops you had to go through to create it. It's a super nice tag for Christmas with the die cuts. :D I really like the snow melting effect with the mirror, awesome. Totally gonna have to try that. At least you made the deadline to play, I didn't get a chance, August is here maybe this month. :D (gotta love that procrastination bug)lol
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Anything Goes Challenge.
    Deborah CSGDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tag and great techiques too - thank you for playing along at Pennys Papercrafty Challenge this week hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! That snow does look very effective and I agree with you about the embossed background too.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete