Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Birthday

If my biological clock follows the cards I make, I will be exhausting to keep up with the constant abrupt changes of weather.  I was sharing a Christmas card yesterday and now I have a summer birthday card:


This card was made with the card sketch at Sketchbook Saturday as a basis:



Do I need to say anything about Iwona's sketches?  I love her blog and her cards!  Of course I love her sketches and her challenge - they are always a great source of inspiration.  There have been many times that even though the time to link up to her challenge has passed, I still "played along" just to have fun and be inspired.  Check out her blog and I'm sure you'll love it!

I first played with my Lawn Fawn Life is Good stamp and die set to create this card (Oh this card was posted in between Christmas cards too, see what I mean about adjusting my body to accommodate different weathers shown in my cards?).  It was a lot of fun and I wanted to see if I could play with the set with Iwona's sketch.  This time I colored the images with color pencils and gamsol.  Just as fun as coloring them with distress markers!  As much as I love butterflies on my card, they must yield to a beach scene this time!  Among all the elements on the card, my favorite is the flip flops.  They are so cute and they are the signs of beach for me. :)

I do think I have another Christmas card lined up but........let me see if I can get something else posted so I can feel the summer breeze on my blog for longer. LOL.


I'm linking my card to:
Through the Purple Haze - Happy Birthday
Stamp and Create - Birthdays
Craftin Desert Divas - It's summer time
The Crazy Challenge - my summer vacation
Crafty Calendar challenge - summertime fun
Little Claire - Summertime
Stempelsonne - Summer
Fashionable Stamping - Dreaming of Summer

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Super fun card! Thanks for joining our linky party over at Craftin Desert Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Through the Purple Haze Birthday blog hop.

    Goidelic luck in the draw!

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eine tolle Karte. Sehr schön gemacht.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme an der SsC.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. das sind tolle Karten.. Dein Sommer Kärtchen macht direkt Laune auf Urlaub.

    Danke für Deinen Beitrag zur SsC.

    liebe Grüße
    Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful fresh summer colours....this is very very nice indeed.
    Thanks for joining us.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tolle Karte - vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der SsC.
    LG, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Great layout & colours.
    Thank you for joining in our challenge (TTPH) Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great summer colors and perfect for the topic. Thanks for sharing at FSC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card Joyce love the sunny summery feel of it.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!!! Love the colors you used! Great job, and thanks for joining us at the Craftin' Desert Diva's Linky Challenge :)

    Jenny ~ Craftin' Desert Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card love those sunny colours. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Joyce........love the design and elements.......fabulous! Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. xxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete