Monday, August 11, 2014

Happy Birthday

I am speeding up the typing for this post as I have to rush out for work!  Please excuse any errors.  This post should have gone live yesterday but alas, that's the fate of procrastination!

I'm playing with three things that I have not played for a long time.  One is sticky back canvas.  I almost forgot where I had this good stuff.  This card shows a resist technique where white embossed flower is showing through the canvas that was heavily colored with Peacock Feather distress stain:


Now that I got the sticky back canvas done.  What do i do?  The easiest thing is to get a sketch for it!  I got this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Boy it has been the longest time I can remember since I last played this challenge:


The third thing to which I have not given love is my buttons!  I have my buttons nicely stashed away in a neat box.  The box was sitting quietly in the corner of a drawer when I retrieved.  Poor thing.  The sketch provides for some space in the middle panel and I think that's a good place for buttons!  I threaded through some waxy flax so the holes are covered to give a more finished look.

That's about it for this card.  I'm also linking up my card to Dies R Us - Birthday and Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. WOW What a fabulous, beautifully colored/designed creation Joyce! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the flowers, and the woodgrain background is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the image and the colors :)
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Dies R Us.
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete