Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Relax

I am going to be away for a few days, so I won't be sharing any new creations.  But I'll still keep the blog updated.

Today I am sharing a configurations box with the theme of sea.  I put the wooden blocks "RELAX" next to the seahorse to remind myself to slow down:


I wish I had the talent to create something this pretty.  I took a class with Richele Christensen, one of the members of Tim Holtz's Creative Media Team in a local craft store and she showed us all the tricks to prepare this awesome configurations box.

What I really like is that she used the pinecone die to create the corals.  Such a clever idea!  And guess what?  We did put some real starfish into our box.  See the one on the top left corner of the box with the big seahorse?  That's a real starfish.  There's another real starfish in the second box on the left as well.  Next to that starfish is a real sand dollar.  So cute.  Oh, you will be interested in knowing that there are also shells in the third box on the left.  The bottom box on the right has several bottles.  One has sand and one has smaller shells.

Taking a class like this makes me feel the realistic experience in the sea.  I have learned quite a lot of techniques and I had an absolutely fun time with fellow students. 

I have always admired how others prepared their configurations box because I have been intimidated by it.  I am comfortable with cardmaking and scrapbooking, but this is something dimensional and is just beyond my comfort level.  After taking her class, I can't say I am now confident in making one myself, but I am more willing to attempt to make one.  I admit that I'm slow, but let me take one step at a time.  One day I'll be able to make one.  :)

I will be sharing another configurations box while I am away.  Stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment