Thursday, October 9, 2014

Creating my own PL card

I mentioned yesterday that I have not made an investment on project life yet, as I am just starting out and I have "just more than enough" scrapbooking supplies.  I admit that having one of those 3x4 or 4x6 cards handy for an accent or a journaling box is convenient, but I'll wait and see if I am really into it before I jump on the bandwagon.

When I made this layout I wished I had one of those 4x6 cards ready.  Then the four 4x6 could get the square nice and complete.  I didn't have one so I went to cut one out from the patterned paper.  It turned out just as cute as I would imagine:



Normally I would put another horizontal 4x6 picture to the top right corner, but too bad, I only got three pictures developed.  So I made my own Project Life card as a journaling box in this layout.  I like that the patterned paper has two dangling hearts and it looks so naturally like a readily available Project Life card.

The title of the layout is Brunch at The Park.  I've split it to two rows and cut it in two fonts.  "Brunch at" was die cut with Lawn Fawn's Louie's ABCs dies and "the park" with Lawn Fawn's Cole's ABCs dies.  These two are my favorite alphabet die sets.  These alphabets were die cut from two different sheets of patterned paper in the Sweater Weather collection, but I tried to match "the park" with  the same color as those two dangling hearts and "the brunch" with the square in the middle.  Speaking of which, it was actually trimmed down from another sheet of patterned paper with 3x4 journaling cards.

I always love using patterned paper in the same collection - everything is coordinating and that gives the color-challenged me a big relief. :)

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment