Monday, January 5, 2015

BUGS and kisses

Happy 2015 everyone!  I know it's already the fifth of January but given the fact that I just returned home from my family reunion trip, I feel that 2015 has just started.

What's a better way to start 2015 with new craft supplies?  I've used the new Lawn Fawn stamps and dies to make this happy card:




It's a window card - one of my favorite kinds of cards to make.  I think that a window on a handmade card makes a world of difference from store bought cards.

Here's a shot of the card when it's closed.  The clouds and the sun are stuck to the card front, casting a shadow over the scene:


I've used a ton of new Lawn Fawn goodies on this card:  The Bugs and Kisses stamp and coordinating die set, stitched circle die and Hello Sunshine die.  I've also used the Ranger Ink Black Sparkle embossing powder for the very first time.  I like that the there are little sparkles peeking out from the traditional black embossing powder, making the black less harsh on a cute card like this.

My card is entering the following challenges:
A gem of a challenge - something new
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - All Things New
Suzie Bee's Bloomin' - Anything Goes with a Twist of CAS
Sweet Stampin' - New

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. lovely cute card thanks for sharing with SBBC this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy card, Joyce. Great colors and the window design is perfect for your little scene. Thanks for joining the January Anything Goes Challenge at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card!!
    Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' and AGOAC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your precious little card!
    Thanks so much for joining us for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge this week. Pop back soon to see if you’re a winner, and to join in the new challenge here at Bugaboo’s Catch the Bug blog.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang (BUGABOO STAMPS)

    ReplyDelete