Monday, February 29, 2016

You're my TYPE of friend!

The February promotions at Close to My Heart end today, before which I'd like to share a card that I made out from the promotion set:


Inspired by the challenge at Always Playing with Paper, I wanted to make a masculine card.  To match with the theme of travelling I have used the Regatta paper packet which has a nautical theme. Do you see the tone-on-tone waves in the blue background paper?

I can't really explain why I used that floral patterned paper on a masculine card.  It was definitely something outside of my comfort zone but I'm glad I did it!  The floral pattern is not too over-powering and I like that some red complements with the dark blue background nicely.

The Stamp of the Month promotion also ends today.  Snatch it before it's gone!

This card is linking up to:
Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Always Playing with Paper - Masculine inspiration



Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. a great clean and simple card. Lovely colors too. Thanks for sharing at LPoCF challenge. Have a great day
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love that image. Thanks for joining out challenge at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lynn, LPoCF DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great pairing of prints, and I love the combination of that sentiment/typewriter! So fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are great here - love that red patterned paper. Thank you for joining in on my Amusing Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete