Monday, August 8, 2016

For my mom

This is the card I made for my mom:

I've used the retired Happy Times paper from Close to My Heart, then I've used the tag dies and squre dies from Lawn Fawn.  The flowers are stamps from Altenew.  Boy, I can't tell you how many times I've practiced stamping those layered flowers before I finally found one that's acceptable.

They are fun to play with, and the end result is gorgeous but I needed a lot of practice.  I didn't have the Altenew inks that were designed to work with these stamp sets (its a set of inks of the same family, i.e. light to dark blue), so I have to see which combination of ink pads in my stash works well.  It took me a while to figure that out.

It's all worth it.  It's for my mom, who is my role model, my best friend, and also my biggest fan.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment